Tradgedy Strikes, and Leaves Me So Very Thirsty in its Wake
About five minutes after filling my Nalgene to the top and then downing it, there is frantic knocking on our door. The hospitatlity service have come to tell us NOT to drink the water..uhh... it might be contaminated.... and it smells like diesel. My stomach starts to hurt a little five minutes after that. So in another charming twist to make Lafrowda even
more homey then it already is we have NO water! I never buy juice or milk to drink since its more expensive then free water. It turns out that diesel has gotten into our water supply, and its made me realize how dependant I am. We couldnt go for a run today because even our shower water smells horrible. We cant wash our dishes, brush our teeth or boil pasta! About all we can do is flush the toilet. When I woke up this morning my sink was full of brown oily sludge from a leeky tap. Here is the BBC link! So that is just a little update on the adventures over here. I am now going to take stinky dehydrated self off on a bus to buy bottled water, although Ive heard from flatmates that all the main supermarkets are sold out. I may resort to juice!

2 Comments:
you'll just have to drink water's evil cousin, coke. mwahahha.
I love how in the link the Environmental expert is all like "its a tiny spill, and will likely have no effect" but then your faucets are pumping out thick diesel. Lousy spinning bastids. I say get the milk bottles together and get that oil while its cheap! Brendybot
Post a Comment
<< Home